Participating designers of the 16th Anniversary Driehaus Awards for Fashion Excellence were invited to attend the symposium & luncheon at the Chicago History Museum. Featured speakers highlighted topics to provide the designers with essential tips to elevate their brand and launch and sustain a successful career. Topics included: BUSINESS BASICS: GETTING STARTED, FASHION INDUSTRY INSIGHTS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, TEXTILE DESIGN TRENDS OF 2017/2018, FASHION HISTORY FOR THE DESIGN INDUSTRY, and DIGITAL COMMUNICATION & BRANDING. The speakers also participated in a panel discussion and students engaged in an open discussion while receiving beneficial insight and tailored, personal advice.
Driehaus Design Initiative would like to thank the industry experts who participated as speakers in the symposium:
- Kristi O’Meara, Founder & Co-Director, The Patternbase
- Mark Roscoe, President, Mark Roscoe Design
- Jen Worman, CEO, T&J Designs and Blogger, Red Soles & Wine
- Petra Slinkard, Curator of Costume, Chicago History Museum
- Chris Acuna, Attorney & Founder, Acuna Law Offices
We would also like to thank the Chicago History Museum for providing a behind-the-scenes tour of the Museum’s costume collection with Curator of Costumes, Petra Slinkard, and Costume Collection Manager, Jessica Pushor.